Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Butcher Shop on Tremont St.



Perhaps (no, this is most likely) due to reading so many stories by travelers and expats in France, I've been craving everything French, in particular foie gras. This Valentine's, beau will take me to *omgomgomg* Petit Robert Central for some Torchon de Foie Gras!! Until then, I will have to keep my excitement down (or am I making it worse?) with these above.

Lunch was a charcuterie plate of (clockwise from top left) Cornichon, Mortadella, Duck Liver Mousse, Rosette de Lyon. From "The Butcher Shop" on Tremont St (Boston's South End). 


- Cornichons are so addictive, I can't stop popping one after the other! 

- Mortadella is like a grown-up version of bologna with peppercorn and pistachio.

- Duck Liver Mousse is earthier with a more pronounced taste than the smooth and creamy goose liver I'm used to when it comes to pate and terrines. Great on toast. 

- The best thing though, hands-down is the Rosette de Lyon the butcher recommended. I went with it because it wasn't as pricey as the Prosciutto, but just as nice with the salty and subtle sweet taste and that melt-in-your-mouth feel. The added spicy kick was nice too. I didn't know salami could be so good! 



The Butcher Shop (Restaurant and Retail)

No comments: