Sunday, April 6, 2014

Tulle Test with Hanshin

 fig.1 just the edges
 fig.2 as a veil
fig.3 covering entire lens

Some tests with Hanshin using tulle as a veil and also wrapping it around the lens, some just the bare edges which seemed to give that vignetted look (fig.1), as a veil (fig.2) and some almost entirely covering the lens except a little bit for focusing (fig.3) which was tricky - I wonder if that's what it's like to focus with a Lensbaby. B&W versions turned out beautiful too but I shouldn't be repetitive. I got the idea to do this from this image I took of her back in 2009 (fig.4). Overall this test turned out well - Aware of the inconsistent edits but it's a step towards the aesthetic I'm looking to achieve and I'm happy for that.

fig.4 2009

For those curious:
Canon 5D Mark II
f/1.2
shutter 1/250
ISO 100
Canon 85mm f/1.2

Flower Hair Band - Forever 21
Dress - Thrift shop
Tulle - Joann's Fabrics (1.5yd)

No comments: