Thursday, March 31, 2016

To Evolve

This year, I am changing direction in my personal photo work. More shooting with film, finally putting those rangefinders to good use. More moving images, and doing work that makes me feel something. Letting go of some control, yet have more discipline. There will be many contradictions to overcome, what fun it'll be :) I've trained myself as your classic portrait photographer, building a foundation, and can always go back to it. I want to try aesthetics that I can't simply grasp with technical knowledge. Like poetry, it's non-linear and you've only the faintest idea of why you like it, but it's hard to put into words. I want to like what I want to like, simple as that. I leave you with this little gem. Cliche as it sounds, It's things like this that makes my chest palpitate.


No comments: