Thursday, May 18, 2017

Get Ready For It

Tamara asked me for lyrics to a favorite song of mine. Wittgenstein stated that the key to thinking is "The Three B's - Bed, Bath, Bus". In other words, we think and create best when we're unfocused or partially conscious. There have been multiple occasions where answers to problems I have been stressing about have been resolved during one of these calm, resting phases. I dreamed of hanging out with The Smiths, one of my all-time favorite bands. When I awoke, the first thing I did was turn on Spotify and started to fill the morning-lit room with the words that perfectly encompassed my new role. 

Take me out tonight. Where there's music and there's people who are young and alive.

"There is a Light That Never Goes Out" - The Smiths

I am now freelancing as Arts & Culture Editor of an indie/alternative/lo-fi music review site - details coming soon!

Don't worry, this does not mean I will stop photographing beautiful interiors and the like - such is the beauty of being a versatile freelancer. This is a side-job where I get to explore a personal interest of music and sharing it with those who feel mutual adoration. To be invited in to the minds of those I highly respect and admire, and chances to photograph them. Wow! Experiences of interviewing and shooting musicians like I did for Michi and Japanese Breakfast were life-changing and I am quite looking forward to the assignments.

In other personal news, my interior images have been noticed by one who works for a major online homegoods retailer. Alright, I am so super curious to the avenues which this may take me!

No comments: